Commercial Real Estate Counsel
An attorney job in Nashville, TN
Latitude is seeking highly motivated candidates for an exciting in-house counsel opportunity in Nashville, TN. If you enjoy working in a high-growth environment supporting cutting edge business lines and are able to think quickly on your feet, this could be a great fit for you! The ideal candidate is self-motivated, confident, has great communication skills, and thrives in fast paced environments. Only attorneys with at least 4 years of commercial real estate “dirt work” experience should apply.
Requirements of the Commercial Real Estate Counsel
- Assist in the closing of real estate purchases to include coordination of all aspects of the transaction and closing process, including conducting due diligence, monitoring contingencies, conducting title, survey, and environmental reviews, preparing title objections, addressing zoning issues, clearing title and survey matters, and preparing conveyance and closing documents
- Review title commitments, title proformas, ALTA surveys and ALTA endorsements and supervise title curative work required to obtain title policies
- Experience drafting ground leases and other real estate agreements with landowners and landowner attorneys and experience navigating land use and zoning issues is required
- Familiarity with property tax abatements is a plus
- Provide ongoing legal support for the business team related to the real estate portfolio
- 4+ years of experience in the commercial real estate department of a large corporate law firm, with a commercial real estate boutique firm, or in-house with a commercial real estate development company is required.
- Excellent academic credentials
- Licensed in Tennessee or admitted to a state bar and eligible for admission to the Tennessee Bar as in-house counsel
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
- Outstanding references required
- Type of role: Permanent or Engagement-to-hire
- Schedule: Full-time
- Location: Nashville, TN
- Compensation: Highly competitive and commensurate with experience
Latitude will not disclose your identity or propose you to prospective clients without your prior consent. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Only qualified applicants should apply.
Latitude offers life-changing engagements and permanent positions with companies and law firms to outstanding attorneys and paralegals.
Great attorneys and paralegals who are seeking contract engagements or consulting roles with Latitude choose to work with Latitude because of our law firm-level compensation and benefits, sophisticated and engaging work, a chance to work with great clients and peers, and a refreshing blend of freedom with self-designed boundaries. Our engagement attorneys and paralegals have the level of skill, experience, and judgment as would be expected of a permanent attorney or paralegal in a corporate legal department or law firm and the versatility to step into challenging environments and hit the ground running.
If you have the right skills, personality and experience, Latitude helps you do what you are good at in a more rewarding way. Latitude attorneys and paralegals serve on a full- or part-time engagement basis, and work remotely or on-site at the client office.
Great attorneys and paralegals who are seeking permanent positions choose to work with Latitude because of our deep market knowledge, career advocacy and extensive client base. Our own practice experience and client relationships enable us to effectively tailor our candidate proposals to the specific practice strengths and interpersonal attributes that matter most to our clients and to match our candidates with the opportunities that will be most fulfilling to them.
While we are able to work only with a select few of the most outstanding candidates, our customized approach results in a high success rate for those candidates we choose to recommend.
For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
You will also be considered for any other potential matching positions