Washington, DC Market President – General Counsel, Senior In-House Counsel or Partner (Attorney) Preferred
Latitude, a fast-growing high-end legal services company with offices in Atlanta, Indianapolis, Miami, and Nashville, is seeking a Washington, DC attorney who is (or has been) a partner at a large corporate law firm and/or senior in-house counsel to launch, co-own and lead as president, a Latitude operating company based in Washington, DC. This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly successful, experienced, likable, and extremely well-respected Washington, DC attorney who wants to leave the practice of law to lead a company in Washington, DC as market president and an equity business partner, using our capital, proven model, established infrastructure, training and supporting corporate team.
As background, Latitude directly employs and provides attorneys and paralegals to legal departments and law firms nationwide. Our specialty is providing our law firm and legal department clients practice-specific contract attorneys who have served as associates, counsel, and partners in Am Law firms and/or as in-house counsel in large corporate legal departments. We also assist many of our clients with permanent positions, including general counsel searches. Our clients range from Fortune Global 500 companies and Global 100 law firms to high-growth privately-held companies, major non-profits, government entities, and boutique law firms. All of Latitude’s market presidents are former BigLaw partners or senior in-house counsel with extensive community ties, practice experience and professional relationships in their respective markets. Our mission is to be the preeminent source for, and employer of, high-end associate- to partner-level contract attorneys and paralegals in the world.
If you are a self-starter who would enjoy developing and maintaining strong relationships with your professional peers in Washington, DC, serving as a trusted advisor to clients and colleagues, team building, collaborating closely with fellow market presidents and corporate staff, deal-making, helping to improve the quality of life of attorneys, and being rewarded as an equity business partner based on the financial performance of your operating company, this leadership, and client development position may be for you.
- Launch, lead, and manage Latitude’s Washington, DC operating company
- Serve as Latitude’s ambassador and client relations leader in Washington, DC and with your network nationwide
- Oversee a high-end team of attorneys
- Build on your years of legal industry experience and established relationships in Washington, DC
- Serve sophisticated clientele of senior in-house counsel & law firm partners
- Develop business and manage client relationships
- Attract and hire your local supporting team
- Become the go-to connector and resource for leading attorneys
- Serve as Latitude’s Washington, DC company leader and brand ambassador
- Develop business and manage client relationships
Compensation & Benefits
- Prior experience as a successful large law firm partner or GC / senior in-house counsel
- Strong existing relationships with senior in-house counsel of large companies and partners at leading law firms in Washington, DC
- Sterling reputation with the bar and in your community in Washington, DC
- Proven ability to develop legal business from and serve sophisticated corporate legal departments
- Prior AmLaw 200 Law Firm and/or large corporate legal department experience is highly preferred
- Base salary and incentive compensation
- Significant Equity
- Full benefits including qualified 401k
- To learn more about Latitude visit our website at latitudelegal.com
- If you meet the above requirements and are interested in being a Latitude Market President, please submit your resume online or email CEO Ross Booher in confidence at email@example.com
Latitude provides law-firm level attorneys and paralegals to companies and law firms on short-and long-term engagements and for direct-hire positions. We serve a range of clients, including Fortune Global 500 companies and major international law firms.
- For Companies: Latitude directly employs and provides Big-Law caliber, practice-specific attorneys, and paralegals on an engagement basis to extend in-house counsel capacity, while preserving law firm relationships. Companies call us when they want to expand their in-house teams without hiring, help an overwhelmed staff, or complete special projects. We provide attorneys and paralegals with BigLaw and/or large company legal department experience at 40-60% less than law firm market rates, allowing companies to cut legal costs while still preserving quality.
- For Law Firms: Latitude helps law firms increase service and profits. Latitude provides attorneys and paralegals who have the skill, experience, and judgment of firm employees on an engagement (and permanent) basis. Firms can meet variable client demand without burning out their team members, disrupting promotion expectations, or adding fixed costs with a permanent hire–all while preserving quality and profits.
- For Attorneys and other Legal Professionals: Latitude offers well-paying, uniquely flexible positions for experienced attorneys and other legal professionals. Our legal market expertise and career advocacy help you continue to practice law–but in a more rewarding way. Latitude attorneys and paralegals come from top law firms and corporate legal departments across the country and have a range of experience and practice expertise. They choose to work for us because of our outstanding compensation, full benefits, flexibility, and sophisticated work.
For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com
Latitude is an equal opportunity employer.