Leverage your legal experience without practicing law. Help other attorneys meet their professional and personal goals. Experience meaningful work as part of a supportive, fun team. This is a TN-based position with work-from-home flexibility.
Latitude is seeking a Director of Legal Recruiting & Placement for the company’s Tennessee office. This is a rare opportunity to leverage your experience practicing law and knowledge of the legal industry without billing time in six-minute increments. Help in-house counsel, BigLaw attorneys, paralegals and legal operations professionals find satisfying, engaging and often life-changing positions – without pulling any more all-nighters. We are a team of high-performing, former lawyers who have chosen to use our legal know-how for good by supporting the whole-person success and wellness of our peers in the legal industry. If you are a lawyer with a positive, can-do attitude looking for an exit ramp off the traditional law firm or in-house career path, we’d like to meet you. Applicants must communicate well (in person and in writing) and have a genuine curiosity for what makes others tick and thrive. If you are looking to make the switch over to the business side of legal services and want a job full of meaning and happy clients, then this could be your dream job.
- Source, recruit and screen experienced attorney and paralegal candidates for in-house counsel and law firm contract engagements and permanent positions with leading companies and corporate law firms in TN and the surrounding area.
- Thoroughly interview promising candidates to ascertain their career goals and objectives.
- Communicate with references to ascertain candidates’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Effectively present (both orally and in writing) proposed candidates to in-house counsel and law firm partner clients.
- Onboard and train new Latitude attorneys and paralegals.
- Manage existing relationships with Latitude’s attorneys and paralegals on engagement.
- Implement and cultivate company culture, values, and policies.
- Coordinate events for prospective and existing Latitude attorneys and paralegals (e.g. CLEs, social events, etc.).
- Actively participate in your local legal community, including membership and leadership in professional associations and attendance at professional social and networking events.
- Provide timely and top-notch service to internal and external clients.
- Provide management with requested reports and documents.
- Work as part of a cohesive, collaborative, supportive, fun and sometimes funny team.
- Minimum of four years of successful experience as a practicing attorney, preferably in a mid-to-large corporate law firm or in-house setting.
- Ability to quickly build rapport with experienced lawyer candidates and clients.
- Effective use of social media, online recruiting tools and in-person networking to source new candidates and market open positions.
- Demonstrated active involvement in bar associations and professional legal organizations.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and ability to perform effectively without close supervision or micro-management.
- Service-minded approach and strong client-service skills, including the ability to communicate (both orally and in writing) at a high level with sophisticated law firm and corporate legal department attorneys.
- Highly dedicated, dependable, detail-oriented, capable of using document management and database management software programs, highly discreet, high-integrity and a team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to identify priorities and pivot or adjust focus/work as appropriate.
- Willingness to be part of a collaborative and supportive team that helps one another out and plays nice.
- Stellar references
- This is a full-time position that offers a flexible, work-from-home schedule, but which also includes occasional in-person meetings and participation in social/professional activities after traditional business hours (e.g. bar association events, meetings in clients’ offices, breakfasts/coffees/lunches/dinners with candidates or other team members, etc.).
- Given the client-service nature of our business, we are expected to respond to our clients in a timely manner. All of us are expected to communicate with team members, candidates, clients or others as needed, including sometimes responding to emails during evenings and on weekends – though we try to keep this to a minimum.
- We work hard, act professionally, laugh a lot, have each other’s back, take vacations and change the lives of our clients (and the legal profession as a whole) one placement at a time.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and performance and involves a base + commission structure; full benefits (e.g. group medical, dental, vision, long term disability, life, AD&D, 401k, professional membership fees reimbursement, etc.).
Applications will be kept in strict confidence. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Only qualified applicants should apply.
Latitude provides law-firm level attorneys and paralegals to companies and law firms on short- and long-term engagements and for direct-hire, permanent positions. We serve a range of clients, including Fortune 500 companies and major law firms.
For Law Firms
- Latitude directly employs and provides law firm-level attorneys and paralegals on an engagement basis to extend in-house counsel capacity, while preserving law firm relationships. Companies call us when they are looking to cut legal costs, help an overwhelmed staff, add to their legal team during hiring freezes or complete special projects. We provide law firm-level attorneys and paralegals at 40-60% less than law firm market rates, allowing companies to cut legal costs while still preserving quality.
For Attorneys and Other Legal Professionals
- Latitude helps law firms increase service and profits. Latitude provides attorneys and paralegals who have the skill, experience and judgment of firm employees on an engagement (and permanent) basis. Firms can meet variable client demand without burning out their team members, disrupting promotion expectations or adding fixed costs with a permanent hire–all while preserving quality and profits.
For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com.
- You’re an overachiever and worked hard your whole life. You are great at what you do and like the law, but want more out of life. Latitude offers well-paying, uniquely flexible positions for people just like you. Our legal market expertise and career advocacy help you continue to practice law–but in a more rewarding way. Latitude attorneys and paralegals come from top law firms and corporate legal departments across the country and have a range of experience and practice expertise. They choose to work for us because of our outstanding compensation, full benefits, flexibility and sophisticated work.
Latitude is an Equal Opportunity Employer