Latitude is seeking a junior corporate counsel for an exciting in-house opportunity with one of its global healthcare industry clients in Miami. This is a great opportunity for a junior corporate associate or in-house counsel to join an established company and work with a dynamic and multilingual legal department. Applicants must be bilingual (English and Spanish) and have experience structuring, drafting, negotiating, and reviewing a wide variety of corporate and commercial agreements, as well as handling corporate governance matters. This is an on-site position in Miami with the flexibility to work from home two days per week.
Responsibilities of the Junior Corporate Counsel (In-House, Hybrid):
- Responsible for the corporate governance matters of U.S., Latin American and Caribbean subsidiaries, including the maintenance of corporate files, records, and books, taking minutes, maintaining Board and Committee master calendars and drafting agendas, handling corporate subsidiary actions (including, drafting board and shareholder resolutions, bylaws, committee terms of reference, approval of transactions, capital contributions), completing annual corporate and license filings and renewals, and other regulatory requirements
- Draft, evaluate, and negotiate a wide variety of corporate and commercial contracts
- Manage the contract administration process, maintain contract templates, and track contract compliance
- Anticipate and identify legal risks, and develop strategies, policies, and processes to ensure company and legal compliance
- Manage outside counsel
- Keep up to date, and provide legal advice, on developments in the law to ensure continuous company improvement
Requirements for the Junior Corporate Counsel (In-House, Hybrid):
- 3+ years of legal experience drafting, negotiating, and reviewing a wide variety of corporate and commercial agreements
- Experience handling corporate governance matters
- Working knowledge of legal terms, principles, and corporate structure
- Excellent academic credentials from an accredited law school
- Outstanding references
- Licensed in Florida or able to become Authorized House Counsel in the State of Florida
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish
- Regulatory experience is a plus, ideally within the financial services or insurance industries
Position Details for the Junior Corporate Counsel (In-House, Hybrid):
- Type of Role: Permanent
- Schedule: Full-Time
- Location: Miami (Hybrid Schedule; 3 days in the office and 2 days remote)
- Compensation & Benefits: Highly competitive and commensurate with experience; full benefits
Latitude will not disclose your identity or propose you to prospective clients without your prior consent. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Latitude offers life-changing engagements and permanent positions with companies and law firms to outstanding attorneys and paralegals.
Great attorneys, paralegals and other legal professionals who are seeking permanent positions choose to work with Latitude because of our deep market knowledge, career advocacy and extensive client base. Our own practice experience and client relationships enable us to effectively tailor our candidate proposals to the specific practice strengths and interpersonal attributes that matter most to our clients and to match our candidates with the opportunities that will be most fulfilling to them.
While we are able to work only with a select few of the most outstanding candidates, our customized approach results in a high success rate.
For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com.
Latitude is an Equal Opportunity Employer