Latitude is seeking an experienced corporate attorney for a contract engagement with one of its global healthcare clients. This is a great opportunity to work with a dynamic and multilingual legal department on sophisticated corporate matters. Applicants must be bilingual (English and Spanish) and have experience structuring, drafting, negotiating, and reviewing a wide variety of corporate and commercial agreements, as well as handling corporate governance matters. This is a temporary and fully remote contract position.
Responsibilities of the Corporate Counsel (In-House, Remote):
- Assist the legal team with corporate governance matters of U.S., Latin American and Caribbean subsidiaries, including the maintenance of corporate files, records, and books, taking minutes, maintaining Board and Committee master calendars and drafting agendas, tracking Board responsibilities and follow up tasks, handling corporate subsidiary actions (including, drafting board and shareholder resolutions, bylaws, committee terms of reference, approval of transactions, capital contributions), and other regulatory requirements
- Draft, evaluate, and negotiate a wide variety of corporate and commercial contracts
- Manage the contract administration process, maintain contract templates, and track contract compliance
- Anticipate and identify legal risks, and develop strategies, policies, and processes to ensure company and legal compliance
Requirements for the Corporate Counsel (In-House, Remote):
- 5+ years of legal experience drafting, negotiating, and reviewing a wide variety of corporate and commercial contracts, preferably with a global organization
- Experience handling corporate governance matters
- Working knowledge of legal terms, principles, and corporate structure
- Excellent academic credentials from an accredited law school
- Outstanding references
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish
- Regulatory experience in the financial services or insurance industry is a plus
- Experience with corporate restructurings, corporate finance, capital raises, etc. is a plus
Position Details for the Corporate Counsel (In-House, Remote):
- Type of Role: Contract
- Schedule: Part- or Full-time
- Location: Fully Remote
- Compensation & Benefits: Highly competitive and commensurate with experience; full benefits
Latitude will not disclose your identity or propose you to prospective clients without your prior consent. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Latitude offers life-changing engagements and permanent positions with companies and law firms to outstanding attorneys and paralegals.
Great attorneys and paralegals who are seeking contract engagements or consulting roles choose to work with Latitude because of our law firm-level compensation and benefits, sophisticated and engaging work, a chance to work with great clients and peers, and a refreshing blend of freedom with self-designed boundaries.
Our consulting attorneys and paralegals have the level of skill, experience, and judgment as would be expected of a permanent attorney or paralegal in a corporate legal department or law firm and the versatility to step into challenging environments and hit the ground running. If you have the right skills, personality and experience, Latitude helps you do what you are good at in a more rewarding way. Latitude attorneys and paralegals serve on a full- or part-time engagement basis, and work remotely or on-site at the client office.
While we are able to work only with a select few of the most outstanding candidates, our customized approach results in a high success rate.
For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com.
Equal opportunity employer