Latitude is seeking an experienced insurance regulatory and securities attorney for a permanent position with one of its Fortune 500 financial services clients. Applicants must have extensive experience advising insurance company clients on securities compliance and regulatory matters related to sophisticated financial products, such as variable life insurance and annuity products. Prior experience working in the insurance regulatory practice group of an AmLaw 200 corporate law firm, a sophisticated insurance regulatory boutique, or in the legal department of a major financial services company is highly preferred. This is an immediate need and the position can be filled by a remote candidate sitting anywhere in the U.S.
Responsibilities of the Insurance Regulatory and Securities Attorney (In-House, Remote or Hybrid):
- Provide legal advice on new and innovative life and annuity products and on the insurance and securities issues impacting those products
- Draft various forms of registration statements with the SEC, post-effective amendments, private placement memoranda, substitution applications and other forms of related filings
- Provide guidance regarding state insurance market conduct exams and regulatory investigations and proceedings
- Review and advise on marketing materials related to variable and fixed annuity and life insurance products
Minimum Qualifications of the Insurance Regulatory and Securities Attorney (In-House, Remote or Hybrid):
- 8+ years of insurance regulatory experience, specifically with federal and state securities matters
- Thorough understanding of sophisticated financial products, including variable life insurance and annuity products
- Significant experience handling securities matters for insurance company clients
- Prior experience at an AmLaw 200 corporate law firm, a sophisticated insurance regulatory boutique, or in the legal department of a major financial services company is preferred
- Excellent academic credentials
- Licensed to practice law and in good standing in state of residence
- Outstanding references
Position Details of the Insurance Regulatory and Securities Attorney (In-House, Remote or Hybrid):
- Type of Role: Permanent
- Schedule: Full-time
- Location: Fully remote or hybrid arrangement
The salary range for this role is $200,000 to $300,000 or more. Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to work experience, qualifications, credentials and location. In addition to salary, a competitive benefits package is also provided.
Latitude will not disclose your identity or propose you to prospective clients without your prior consent. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Only qualified applicants should apply.
Latitude is a full-service national legal services company that specializes in providing high-end, flexible contract engagements and permanent positions to outstanding attorneys, paralegals, compliance officers and legal operations professionals. We work closely with our candidates to understand their career goals and match them with the substantive engagements they want with our clients, who range from Fortune 500 corporations to small companies and Global 50 law firms to boutiques. With offices coast-to-coast, we employ legal professionals across the country. Latitude’s client service leaders and recruiters are all former practicing attorneys and understand the demands faced by those we serve.
Great legal professionals who are seeking permanent positions choose to work with Latitude because of our deep market knowledge, career advocacy and extensive client base. Our own practice experience and client relationships enable us to effectively tailor our candidate proposals to the specific practice strengths and interpersonal attributes that matter most to our clients and to match our candidates with the opportunities that will be most fulfilling to them.
For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer