Are you a paralegal in the Chicago area with litigation experience at a law firm or government agency? Are you looking for contract work with a guaranteed 40 hours of work per week? Latitude is seeking a paralegal with at least five years of litigation experience to assist attorneys at a government agency with criminal investigations and prosecutions. Experience working on criminal matters is a plus but it is not required. Strong academic credentials and written and oral communication skills are a must. This is an in person position in the Chicago area. However, work hours have some flexibility. U.S. military veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities for the Litigation Paralegal at Government Agency (Contract):
Requirements for the Litigation Paralegal at Government Agency (Contract):
- Assist attorneys at a government agency with criminal investigations and prosecutions.
- Regular tasks will include assisting with witness interviews, working with attorneys investigating complaints, screening of complaints, handling case management database tasks, preparing general pleadings and assisting with redactions.
Position Details for the Litigation Paralegal at Government Agency (Contract):
- At least five years of litigation experience at a law firm or government agency.
- Strong academic credentials.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional setting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working on criminal matters is a plus, but it is not required.
- Former experience working as a paralegal for a government agency is also a plus, but it is not required.
- Type of Role: Contract/Engagement.
- Schedule: Full-time - 40 hours per week guaranteed. There is some flexibility on work schedule.
- Location: In person (Chicago area).
- Pay: The salary range for this role is highly competitive - $100,000 to $125,000 or more on an annual scale. Pay is based on multiple factors including but not limited to work experience, qualifications, credentials, and location.
- Benefits: In addition to pay, a competitive benefits package is also provided, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) and generous leave policies.
Latitude will not propose you to prospective clients without your prior consent. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Latitude is a full-service flexible legal talent company serving corporate legal departments and law firms nationwide. From Fortune Global 100 companies to start-ups and Global 50 law firms to boutiques, clients turn to us for top-tier attorneys and other legal professionals.
Latitude specializes in providing highly skilled former in-house counsel and Big Law attorneys for flexible contract engagements and permanent positions in dozens of practice areas, including commercial contracting, data privacy, M&A, employment, litigation, and more.
Founded in 2013, Latitude has been recognized by Chambers as a leading global flexible legal staffing company and the #1 Legal Recruiter by The National Law Journal
Latitude Contract Engagements & Secondments
Outstanding attorneys and other legal professionals who are seeking contract assignments or consulting/secondment roles choose to work with Latitude because of our competitive compensation and benefits, sophisticated and engaging work, a chance to work with great clients and peers, and a refreshing blend of freedom with self-designed boundaries. Our own experience as practicing attorneys and our client relationships enable us to effectively tailor our candidate proposals to the specific practice strengths and interpersonal attributes that matter most to our clients and to match our candidates with the opportunities that will be most fulfilling to them.
: Peer-Level Contract Attorneys
. Latitude Attorneys have the level of skill, experience, and judgment as would be expected of a permanent member of our client’s corporate legal department or law firm and the versatility to step into challenging environments and hit the ground running. Latitude Attorneys serve on a full- or part-time contract basis, and work remotely or on-site at the client office.
Outstanding legal professionals who are seeking permanent positions choose to work with Latitude because of our deep market knowledge, career advocacy and extensive client base. Our own practice experience and client relationships enable us to effectively tailor our candidate proposals to the specific practice strengths and interpersonal attributes that matter most to our clients and to match our candidates with the opportunities that will be most fulfilling to them.
Q: What other legal jobs do you have?
A: If you’re interested in working with Latitude but do not think this particular legal job is the right one for you, we encourage you to explore our other open opportunities or fill out a General Application by visiting us at https://latitudelegal.com/jobs/
Q: Should I apply for this specific position if I have previously applied for another Latitude position?
Yes, it is better to apply to each Latitude job for which you are qualified and interested so that we immediately know of your interest in that specific role. This also enables you to share additional information about your qualifications or interest specific to each role. If you do not meet all of the qualifications for a position but think you would still be highly effective in the role, it can be helpful to include a brief explanation in your application.
Q: How can I reduce the risk of missing Latitude’s email inviting me to interview for this position?
Please safe-list Latitude’s URL domain name (latitudelegal.com) in your spam filter so that an email from one of our recruiters does not get caught in your spam folder. Our recruiters will never contact you by email from a URL other than latitudelegal.com
Q: My current legal team needs help. How can I see some Latitude candidates for my legal team?
The fastest way is to submit the very short form on our website contact page
. A member of our client services team will be back in touch with you very fast to learn more about your need so we can provide you with on point candidates to consider.
For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com
Thank you for your interest in Latitude!
Latitude is an Equal Opportunity Employer.