Do you have experience handling commercial contracts in the energy space? Latitude is looking for an attorney with 10+ years of commercial contracting experience with a focus on energy work in petroleum and new energy assets. Preference for attorneys with prior experience at an Am Law 200 corporate law firm, a sophisticated boutique firm, and particularly in-house with an energy company. This is an immediate need.
Minimum Qualifications of Commercial Contracts Attorney:
Position Details of the Commercial Contracts Attorney:
- 10+ years of commercial contracts experience with energy companies
- Must be able to handle upstream oil and gas projects, supply contracts and have a deep understanding of procurement agreements
- Low-carbon energy experience is an asset
- Prior experience at an Am Law 200 corporate law firm, a sophisticated boutique firm, or in-house with a company
- Licensed to practice law and in good standing
- Outstanding references
- Type of role: Contract Engagement
- Location: Houston, hybrid schedule
- Schedule: full time - multi month duration with strong possibility of an extension
- Pay: The annualized pay for this position ranges from $150,000 to $180,000 or more when calculated on a full-time basis. Pay for contract engagements is based on multiple factors including but not limited to work experience, qualifications, credentials, location, market supply/demand, and the candidate’s preference (each candidate’s pay rate affects the client bill rate which can affect the candidate’s competitiveness for the position).
- Benefits: In addition to pay, all Latitude Attorneys and other legal professionals working on contract engagements receive complimentary professional liability insurance coverage. All Latitude employees (including those on contract engagements) are also eligible for full benefits when working 20+ hours per week, including group medical, dental, and vision insurance, and complimentary group life, LTD and AD&D insurance. A qualified 401k plan is also available. Benefits-eligible Latitude Attorneys also receive a CLE and Professional Expense stipend.
Latitude will not propose you to prospective clients without your prior consent. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Latitude is a full-service flexible legal talent company serving corporate legal departments and law firms nationwide. From Fortune Global 100 companies to start-ups and Global 50 law firms to boutiques, clients turn to us for top-tier attorneys and other legal professionals.
Latitude specializes in providing highly skilled former in-house counsel and Big Law attorneys for flexible contract engagements and permanent positions in dozens of practice areas, including commercial contracting, data privacy, M&A, employment, litigation, and more.
Founded in 2013, Latitude has been recognized by Chambers as a leading global flexible legal staffing company and the #1 Legal Recruiter by The National Law Journal
Latitude Contract Engagements & Secondments
Outstanding attorneys and other legal professionals who are seeking contract assignments or consulting/secondment roles choose to work with Latitude because of our competitive compensation and benefits, sophisticated and engaging work, a chance to work with great clients and peers, and a refreshing blend of freedom with self-designed boundaries.Our own experience as practicing attorneys and our client relationships enable us to effectively tailor our candidate proposals to the specific practice strengths and interpersonal attributes that matter most to our clients and to match our candidates with the opportunities that will be most fulfilling to them.
: Peer-Level Contract Attorneys
. Latitude Attorneys have the level of skill, experience, and judgment as would be expected of a permanent member of our client’s corporate legal department or law firm and the versatility to step into challenging environments and hit the ground running. Latitude Attorneys serve on a full- or part-time contract basis, and work remotely or on-site at the client office.
Q: What other legal jobs do you have?
A: If you’re interested in working with Latitude but do not think this particular legal job is the right one for you, we encourage you to explore our other open opportunities or fill out a General Application by visiting us athttps://latitudelegal.com/jobs/
Q: Should I apply for this specific position if I have previously applied for another Latitude position?
Yes, it is better to apply to each Latitude job for which you are qualified and interested so that we immediately know of your interest in that specific role. This also enables you to share additional information about your qualifications or interest specific to each role. If you do not meet all of the qualifications for a position but think you would still be highly effective in the role, it can be helpful to include a brief explanation in your application.
Q: How can I reduce the risk of missing Latitude’s email inviting me to interview for this position?
Please safe-list Latitude’s URL domain name (latitudelegal.com) in your spam filter so that an email from one of our recruiters does not get caught in your spam folder. Our recruiters will never contact you by email from a URL other than latitudelegal.com
Q: My current legal team needs help. How can I see some Latitude candidates for my legal team?
The fastest way is to submit the very short form on our website contact page
. A member of our client services team will be back in touch with you very fast to learn more about your need so we can provide you with on point candidates to consider.
For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com
Thank you for your interest in Latitude!
Latitude is an Equal Opportunity Employer.