Latitude is seeking a patent agent for an exciting long-term (12 months), fully remote contract engagement with one of its global life sciences company clients. Candidates must have 3+ years of patent preparation and prosecution experience, including with patents related to small molecule drugs and related digital technologies. The ideal candidate will be able to run patent database searches, including company searches, compound searches, validity and FTO searches, and landscape searches. Prior experience working either in the in-house legal department of a life sciences company or with the IP practice group at a sophisticated law firm is strongly preferred.
Requirements of the Patent Agent (Fully Remote, In-House Contract Engagement):
- 3+ years of experience preparing and prosecuting patents in the life sciences field
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and interface with in-house scientists, internal business units, and outside counsel
- Prior experience reviewing patent applications
- Prior experience helping draft patent applications related to small molecule drugs and familiarity with related digital technologies
- Prior experience running patent database searches, including company searches, compound searches, validity and FTO searches, and landscape searches
- Prior experience working in the in-house legal department of a life sciences company or with the IP practice group at a sophisticated law firm is strongly preferred
- Registered Patent Agent with the USPTO
- Excellent academic credentials, ideally with a background in organic chemistry
- Outstanding references
Position Details for the Patent Agent (Fully Remote, In-House Contract Engagement):
- Type of role: Contract Engagement
- Schedule: Full-time
- Duration: 12 months (with the possibility of an extension or conversion to permanent thereafter)
- Location: Fully Remote
- Compensation: Highly competitive and commensurate with experience, full benefits
The annualized compensation for this position is between $90,000 and $120,000. Pay is based on numerous factors including but not limited to work experience, qualifications, credentials and location. In addition to salary, Latitude Engaged Professionals are W2 employees of Latitude and are eligible for full benefits when working in roles for 20 hours per week, including a Qualified 401k plan. Benefits-eligible Latitude employees receive complimentary Group Life, LTD and AD&D and professional liability insurance. Latitude Attorneys also receive a CLE and Professional Expense stipend.
Latitude will not disclose your identity or propose you to prospective clients without your prior consent. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Latitude is a full-service national legal services company that specializes in providing high-end, flexible contract engagements and permanent positions to outstanding attorneys, paralegals, compliance officers and legal operations professionals. We work closely with our candidates to understand their career goals and match them with the substantive engagements they want with our clients, who range from Fortune 500 corporations to small companies and Global 50 law firms to boutiques. With offices coast-to-coast, we employ legal professionals across the country. Latitude’s client service leaders and recruiters are all former practicing attorneys and understand the demands faced by those we serve.
Great attorneys and other legal professionals who are seeking contract engagements or consulting roles choose to work with Latitude because of our competitive compensation and benefits, sophisticated and engaging work, a chance to work with great clients and peers, and a refreshing blend of freedom with self-designed boundaries. Our own experience as practicing attorneys and our client relationships enable us to effectively tailor our candidate proposals to the specific practice strengths and interpersonal attributes that matter most to our clients and to match our candidates with the opportunities that will be most fulfilling to them.
Latitude engaged professionals have the level of skill, experience, and judgment as would be expected of a permanent member of our client’s corporate legal department or law firm and the versatility to step into challenging environments and hit the ground running.
If you have the right skills, personality and experience, Latitude helps you do what you are good at in a more rewarding way. Latitude engaged professionals serve on a full- or part-time engagement basis, and work remotely or on-site at the client office.
While we are able to work only with a select few of the most outstanding candidates, our customized approach results in a high success rate for those candidates we recommend.
For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer