Government Agency Lead Trial Counsel Position
An attorney job in Nashville, TN
Government Agency Lead Trial Counsel
Are you interested in getting into court and trying complex cases as lead trial counsel – without having to develop business or worry about billable hours? Would you like a litigation position that involves very regular hours? Are you interested in public service? If so, then this position may be for you.
Latitude is seeking an experienced litigation attorney for a permanent position with a team of career attorneys at a government agency that handles sophisticated healthcare litigation. This role requires the ability to handle complex cases as lead counsel. This position is based in Nashville, TN. Prior experience with healthcare-related litigation is highly preferred.
Candidates must have between 5 and 20+ years’ experience as a law firm attorney, federal, state or local government attorney, military JAG officer, or corporate in-house litigation counsel. Superb communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills are crucial. Candidate must have outstanding references. Prior experience litigating complex cases in state or federal court is essential.
Requirements for the Attorney (In-House Counsel)
- 5 – 20 or more years’ experience practicing law as a law firm attorney, federal, state or local government attorney, military JAG officer, and/or in-house litigation counsel, with experience handling complex litigation matters
- Experience as trial counsel in complex federal or state litigation
- Complex healthcare related litigation experience is highly preferred
- Prior experience as a litigation attorney in an AmLaw 200 law firm or sophisticated litigation boutique firm is desirable
- Class action litigation experience preferred
- Experience as trial counsel in complex federal or state lawsuits that have been tried to a jury verdict is preferred
- Ability to serve as lead trial counsel in complex litigation in federal or state court
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Must be a member of the TN bar or eligible for admission to the TN Bar
- Outstanding references and professional reputation
Position Details of the Attorney (In-House Counsel)
- Type of role: Full-time, permanent salaried position
- Schedule: Regular hours
- Employer: Government agency
- Location: Nashville, TN
Latitude will not disclose your identity or propose you to prospective clients without your prior consent. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Only qualified applicants should apply.
Latitude offers life-changing engagements and permanent positions with companies and law firms to outstanding attorneys and paralegals.
Great attorneys and paralegals who are seeking permanent positions choose to work with Latitude because of our deep market knowledge, career advocacy and extensive client base. Our own practice experience and client relationships enable us to effectively tailor our candidate proposals to the specific practice strengths and interpersonal attributes that matter most to our clients and to match our candidates with the opportunities that will be most fulfilling to them.
While we are able to work only with a select few of the most outstanding candidates, our customized approach results in a high success rate for those candidates we choose to recommend.
Latitude is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com.
You will also be considered for any other potential matching positions