Assistant General Counsel for Litigation & Employment
An attorney job in Nashville, TN
Rare opportunity for an experienced litigator to move in-house, overseeing products liability litigation and serving as primary legal contact for medical device company’s HR Department. Must have prior experience managing and litigating the defense of complex products liability cases independently. Prior in-house experience managing outside litigation counsel and budgets is preferred. Qualified candidates will also have general familiarity with 50-states’ employment laws and be able to address front-line questions from the company’s HR department and manage/conduct internal investigations.
Responsibilities of the Assistant General Counsel for Litigation & Employment
- Oversee strategy and defense of lawsuits
- Manage outside counsel and litigation budget
- Review and approve outside counsel bills
- Implement new cost containment/cutting measures to control spend
- Manage incident tracking and reporting
- Advise General Counsel and business leadership on employment/human resources matters
- Partner with field and operations to recommend and implement process improvements based on trends and observations from incidents and lawsuits
- Advise business units and functional support on employment matters
- Partner with controllership and finance on risk management strategy to lower overall enterprise risk cost
- Partner with controllership and finance on financial reporting of lawsuits
Requirements Assistant General Counsel for Litigation & Employment
- At least 8 years of litigation experience, preferably with the litigation practice group of a large corporate law firm
- Experience litigating complex products liability cases
- Prior in-house litigation and/or employment experience preferred
- Healthcare company experience preferred
- J.D. from accredited, preferably top-tier, law school
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting
Position Details for the Assistant General Counsel for Litigation & Employment
- Type of role: Direct-hire
- Schedule: Full-time
- Location: Greater Nashville TN
- Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience
Latitude will not disclose your identity or propose you to prospective clients without your prior consent. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Only qualified applicants should apply.
Latitude offers life-changing engagements and permanent positions with companies and law firms to outstanding attorneys and paralegals.
Great attorneys and paralegals who are seeking permanent positions choose to work with Latitude because of our deep market knowledge, career advocacy and extensive client base. Our own practice experience and client relationships enable us to effectively tailor our candidate proposals to the specific practice strengths and interpersonal attributes that matter most to our clients and to match our candidates with the opportunities that will be most fulfilling to them.
While we are able to work only with a select few of the most outstanding candidates, our customized approach results in a high success rate for those candidates we choose to recommend.
Latitude is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com.
You will also be considered for any other potential matching positions