Energy Attorney (Part Time - Remote)
An attorney job in Washington, DC
Latitude is seeking an attorney with energy trading markets or energy tax experience for a part-time, remote long-term role with the energy practice group of a law firm. This role involves preparing and making regulatory, licensing and tax filings with state and/or federal agencies.
2+ years experience in a large corporate law firm or sophisticated boutique firm is required, as is prior experience preparing and making government filings. Prior experience with motor fuel tax, energy-related regulatory filings, and energy-related state registrations/licenses is preferable. This engagement is part time, 10-50 hours per month on average.
Minimum Qualifications for the Energy Attorney Position
- 2+ years as an Attorney at a well-respected full-service law firm or sophisticated boutique firm
- Prior preparing and making regulatory, tax and/or licensing filings is desired
- AmLaw 100 experience is a plus
- Experience with energy markets is a plus
- Stellar organizational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Successful experience working independently and with a team
- Licensed to practice law and in good standing
- Outstanding references are required
Position Details of the Energy Attorney
- Type of role: Engagement (W2 employment with Latitude serving on a contract assignment with a global law firm)
- Schedule: Part Time
- Location: Remote
- Compensation & Benefits: Highly competitive and commensurate with experience
Latitude will not disclose your identity or propose you to prospective clients without your prior consent. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Only qualified applicants should apply.
Latitude offers life-changing engagements and permanent positions with companies and law firms to outstanding attorneys and paralegals.
Great attorneys and paralegals looking for contract engagements or consulting roles choose to work with Latitude due to our law firm-level compensation and benefits, sophisticated and engaging work, a chance to work with great clients and peers, and a refreshing blend of freedom with self-designed boundaries.
Our attorneys and paralegals have the level of skill, experience, and judgment as would be expected in a permanent corporate counsel or law firm attorney, and the versatility to step into challenging environments and hit the ground running. If you have the right skills, personality and experience, Latitude helps you do what you are good at in a more rewarding way.
Latitude attorneys and paralegals serve on a full- or part-time engagement basis, and work remotely or on-site at the client office.
While we are able to work only with a select few of the most outstanding candidates, our customized approach results in a high success rate for those candidates we choose to recommend.
You will also be considered for any other potential matching positions