An attorney job in Nashville, TN
Latitude has been exclusively retained to conduct a nationwide search for the next General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer of the Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority (MNAA) and Nashville International Airport. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 15 years of experience and prior commercial in-house experience, preferably in the role of General Counsel or Deputy General Counsel, overseeing a legal department and budget. This position requires a utility player with experience in a variety or areas, including litigation management, commercial contract review and negotiation, tax, commercial real estate, insurance and regulatory law. This is not a government position. Any inquiries or resumes submitted directly to MNAA will be forwarded to Latitude for consideration.
Responsibilities of the General Counsel:
- Ensures MNAA complies with local, state and federal laws, policies and procedures.
- Serves as a trusted legal advisor to the CEO and other MNAA senior leadership and works collaboratively with the Board of Commissioners, airport staff and external organizations.
- Works with MNAA leadership to develop and achieve strategic objectives.
- Manages, provides counsel relating to and negotiates legal and business transactions with suppliers, concessions, hotel, airlines, public/private partnerships and other tenants or airport users.
- Reviews claims, oversees the investigation of potential claims, and manages litigation.
- Supervises legal staff, oversees MNAA’s legal budget and continuously strives for improvement of department processes and function.
- Coordinates with and monitors work of outside legal counsel.
Required Qualifications for the General Counsel:
- Experience with tax law, aviation law, construction and major infrastructure projects, property, government relations, contracts, transactions, and employment issues
- Prior experience leading a legal department staff and budget in a commercial setting
- Previous commercial in-house counsel experience, in the position of General Counsel or Deputy General Counsel, is highly preferred
- Willingness to work hard and get in the weeds; while this is a supervisory position, it is expected that the GC will personally be involved in a variety of transactions and advise on day-to-day legal matters
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of people and resources
- Communicate effectively at all levels of organization
- Outstanding references
Position Details for the General Counsel:
- Type of role: Permanent
- Schedule: Full-time
- Location: Nashville, TN area
- Compensation: Highly competitive and commensurate with experience
Latitude will not disclose your identity or propose you to prospective clients without your prior consent. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Only qualified applicants should apply.
Latitude offers life-changing permanent positions with companies and law firms to outstanding attorneys and paralegals.
Great attorneys and paralegals who are seeking permanent positions choose to work with Latitude because of our deep market knowledge, career advocacy and extensive client base. Our own practice experience and client relationships enable us to effectively tailor our candidate proposals to the specific practice strengths and interpersonal attributes that matter most to our clients and to match our candidates with the opportunities that will be most fulfilling to them.
While we are able to work only with a select few of the most outstanding candidates, our customized approach results in a high success rate for those candidates we choose to recommend.
For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com.
You will also be considered for any other potential matching positions