In-House Construction Counsel
An attorney job in Nashville, TN
Latitude is seeking highly motivated candidates for an exciting in-house counsel opportunity in Nashville, TN. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has great communication skills, and thrives in fast-paced challenging environments. The successful candidate will be a forward-looking lawyer with the credibility to function as a trusted advisor to the business leaders they support. Only attorneys with at least 5+ years of transactional construction law experience should apply.
Requirements of the In-House Construction Counsel
- Assist in all aspects of construction, including land acquisition and development, drafting and negotiating contracts and change orders, and reviewing and revising subcontractor contract documents
- Advise business leaders and front-line personnel on negotiating, executing, and operating under a wide variety of construction contracts
- Must have substantial transactional experience
- Familiarity with insurance issues is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in a large corporate law firm, with a construction boutique firm, or in-house supporting complex contract negotiation in the construction industry
- The successful candidate must be a disciplined legal drafter and possess a problem-solving, “can do” orientation with a demonstrated ability to simplify complex situations
- Excellent academic credentials
- Licensed in Tennessee or admitted to a state bar and eligible for admission to the Tennessee Bar as in-house counsel
- J.D. from an ABA Accredited law school
- Outstanding references required
Position Details for the In-House Construction Counsel
- Type of role: Permanent or Engagement-to-hire
- Schedule: Full-time
- Location: Nashville, TN
- Compensation: Highly competitive and commensurate with experience
Latitude will not disclose your identity or propose you to prospective clients without your prior consent. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Only qualified applicants should apply.
Latitude offers life-changing engagements and permanent positions with companies and law firms to outstanding attorneys and paralegals.
Great attorneys and paralegals who are seeking contract engagements or consulting roles with Latitude choose to work with Latitude because of our law firm-level compensation and benefits, sophisticated and engaging work, a chance to work with great clients and peers, and a refreshing blend of freedom with self-designed boundaries. Our engagement attorneys and paralegals have the level of skill, experience, and judgment as would be expected of a permanent attorney or paralegal in a corporate legal department or law firm and the versatility to step into challenging environments and hit the ground running.
If you have the right skills, personality and experience, Latitude helps you do what you are good at in a more rewarding way. Latitude attorneys and paralegals serve on a full- or part-time engagement basis, and work remotely or on-site at the client office.
Great attorneys and paralegals who are seeking permanent positions choose to work with Latitude because of our deep market knowledge, career advocacy and extensive client base. Our own practice experience and client relationships enable us to effectively tailor our candidate proposals to the specific practice strengths and interpersonal attributes that matter most to our clients and to match our candidates with the opportunities that will be most fulfilling to them.
While we are able to work only with a select few of the most outstanding candidates, our customized approach results in a high success rate for those candidates we choose to recommend.
For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
You will also be considered for any other potential matching positions