Lead Accounting Specialist (Remote)
A paralegal job in Nashville, TN
Latitude is immediately seeking to expand its accounting department with the addition of a full-time Lead Accounting Specialist. Latitude is a very fast-growing company that is in the process of adding new corporate offices around the country. This is a great opportunity to work with an experienced Director of Accounting and to grow professionally as the company expands in size and complexity.
The responsibilities of this role are expected to be varied and require a high degree of responsiveness, flexibility, and the willingness to learn. Because the company is fast-growing and has an entrepreneurial culture where everyone helps out as needed, this role requires a person that is willing to cheerfully handle both complex matters and mundane tasks. This position also requires exceptional attention to detail; most of the company’s employees and clients are corporate attorneys so attention to detail is especially important.
This full-time position is currently fully remote. In the future this position may involve occasional corporate meetings and/or some in-office time so candidates local to the Greater Nashville area are preferred.
Questions to Consider:
- Would you enjoy working in a challenging, fast-paced role as part of a hard-working, client-focused team?
- Would you enjoy working as part of a team with an entrepreneurial corporate culture in a business that is rapidly expanding?
- Do you enjoy learning and expanding your skills and experience?
- Do you have a very high degree of attention to detail?
- Are you meticulous and well organized?
- Are you capable of performing or learning more complex tasks and happy to manage mundane tasks too?
- Are you able to multi-task and respond to changing priorities?
- Do you enjoy providing a high degree of client service?
- Would those with whom you have worked describe you as professional, responsive and helpful?
- Would those who know you describe you as a person who is highly discreet and who strictly keeps confidences?
- Would those who have worked with you in the past speak highly of your professional abilities, integrity and interpersonal qualities?
If you answered yes to these questions, this may be a great new role for you!
- Responsible for managing operational data and ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Responsible for KPI reporting like Estimate Revenue Reporting, Aging Reports, etc.
- Responsible for managing system hardware and software applications, like Sage Intacct, TSheets, BQE Core, SAP Concur.
- Responsible for billing contracts timely, accurately, and assisting with collections.
- Provide accounting and billing support for market locations nationwide.
- Assist with development of operational procedures in accounting as we grow.
- Assist with development of system controls to ensure data integrity.
- Assist with management of vendors and consultants.
- Serve as project manager for system implementation or upgrades to A/P and A/R.
- Assist the Director of Accounting in producing accurate and timely financial statements.
- Assist in the month end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation.
- Assist with other duties as requested.
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Two to five-plus years of experience in accounting is highly preferred
- Experience with Sage Intacct, QuickBooks, SAP Concur and/or BQE Core is preferred – if you have experience with any of these please mention this in your submission.
- A high degree of attention to detail is essential
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must be incredibly discreet
- Outstanding references
- Prior experience working for a law firm or accounting firm is a plus
Other Position Details:
- Type of role: Full-Time Permanent
- Schedule: Flexible Available
- Location: Currently remote but future on-site work in Brentwood/Franklin, TN area may be required so clients in the Greater Nashville area are preferred. This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
- Compensation & Benefits: Competitive and commensurate with experience; full benefits.
Only qualified applicants should apply.
Founded in 2013 in Nashville, Latitude is a legal services company that provides high-end, practice-specific attorneys to law firms and corporate legal departments nationwide for contract engagements and permanent roles. Latitude’s clients range from high-growth start-ups to Fortune Global 500 companies and from small boutique law firms to Global 100 firms. Latitude has corporate offices in Atlanta, Indianapolis, Miami and Nashville.
For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com.
You will also be considered for any other potential matching positions