An attorney job in Nashville, TN
Reduced-Hour General Counsel
Health-related company with global operations is seeking a General Counsel to work on a reduced-hour (e.g. 30 hours per week), long-term contract. Engagement has the potential to transition to a permanent position down the road. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 15 years of experience and prior commercial in-house experience, preferably in the role of General Counsel or Deputy General Counsel with a health-related company, overseeing a legal department and budget, as well as outside legal counsel.
This position requires a utility player with experience in a variety or areas, but most deeply with commercial contracting (i.e. negotiating and drafting). Must be able to manage the full contracting process and assist the business team conclude complex deals (and future change orders) in an efficient manner. Hybrid schedule with the opportunity to work from home 2-3 days/week.
Responsibilities of the Reduced-Hour General Counsel:
- Manages, provides counsel relating to and negotiates commercial transactions with suppliers, customers and other partners
- Supervises legal staff and oversees legal budget
- Coordinates with and monitors work of outside legal counsel
Required Qualifications for the Reduced-Hour General Counsel:
- Experience with commercial contracting (i.e. negotiating and drafting)
- Prior experience leading a legal department staff and budget in a commercial setting
- Previous commercial in-house counsel experience, in the position of General Counsel or Deputy General Counsel, is highly preferred
- Willingness to work hard and get in the weeds; successful candidate will personally be involved in a variety of commercial transactions and must drive the full-cycle contracting process
- Communicate effectively at all levels of organization
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Member in good standing of at least one U.S. state bar
- Outstanding references
Position Details for the Reduced-Hour General Counsel:
- Type of role: Contract Engagement
- Schedule: Approximately 30 hours/week
- Location: Nashville, TN area
- Compensation: Highly competitive and commensurate with experience
Latitude will not disclose your identity or propose you to prospective clients without your prior consent. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Only qualified applicants should apply.
Latitude offers life-changing engagements and permanent positions with companies and law firms to outstanding attorneys and paralegals.
Great attorneys and paralegals looking for contract engagements or consulting roles choose to work with Latitude due to our law firm-level compensation and benefits, sophisticated and engaging work, a chance to work with great clients and peers, and a refreshing blend of freedom with self-designed boundaries.
Our attorneys and paralegals have the level of skill, experience, and judgment as would be expected in a permanent corporate counsel or law firm attorney, and the versatility to step into challenging environments and hit the ground running. If you have the right skills, personality and experience, Latitude helps you do what you are good at in a more rewarding way.
Latitude attorneys and paralegals serve on a full- or part-time engagement basis, and work remotely or on-site at the client office. While we are able to work only with a select few of the most outstanding candidates, our customized approach results in a high success rate for those candidates we choose to recommend. For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com.
You will also be considered for any other potential matching positions