Senior Corporate Paralegal (In-House Opportunity)
A paralegal job in Miami, FL
Latitude is seeking a Senior Corporate Paralegal for an exciting opportunity to work in-house with a highly regarded private equity firm located in South Florida. This is an immediate need. Applicants must have at least 6+ years of experience and be able to hit the ground running and manage the full spectrum of corporate paralegal responsibilities, including:
- Preparing and filing certificates of formation, bylaws and operating agreements for legal entities.
- Coordinating with various city office boards and agencies as needed.
- Providing contract support for standard corporate agreements, such as non-disclosure, marketing, service agreements, independent contractor agreements and employment related agreements, such as profit interest awards, employment agreements and severance agreements.
- Creating and distributing annual reports.
- Assisting with paperwork needed by the SEC, IRS, UCC and other regulatory bodies.
- Responding to requests for information.
- Performing legal research.
- Maintaining and filing corporate records, including resolutions, board of director changes, etc.
- Coordinating and receiving board and committee signatures for documents and materials.
- Maintaining the intellectual property portfolio.
- Working with other members of the legal team on special projects and initiatives.
Additional transactional experience with the following would be preferred (but not required): preparing closing checklists for M&A transactions, preparing closing documents and closing packages for M&A transactions, preparing drafts of ancillary documents for closings or other transactions, establishing and maintaining virtual data rooms through life of the transaction, and monitoring outside counsel, overseeing intake of outside counsel invoices and assuring that charges remain within the defined budget.
Requirements for the Senior Corporate Paralegal:
- 6+ years of corporate experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate highly preferred
- Prior successful experience working at a sophisticated law firm or in the legal department of a major corporation
- CLA credentialing is preferred
- Outstanding references
Position Details for the Senior Corporate Paralegal:
- Type of role: Permanent
- Schedule: Full-time
- Location: South Florida
- Compensation: Highly competitive and commensurate with experience, and full benefits
Latitude will not disclose your identity or propose you to prospective clients without your prior consent. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Only qualified applicants should apply.
Latitude offers life-changing engagements and permanent positions with companies and law firms to outstanding attorneys and paralegals.
Great attorneys and paralegals who are seeking permanent positions choose to work with Latitude because of our deep market knowledge, career advocacy and extensive client base. Our own practice experience and client relationships enable us to effectively tailor our candidate proposals to the specific practice strengths and interpersonal attributes that matter most to our clients and to match our candidates with the opportunities that will be most fulfilling to them.
While we are able to work only with a select few of the most outstanding candidates, our customized approach results in a high success rate for those candidates we choose to recommend.
For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com.
You will also be considered for any other potential matching positions