In-House Intellectual Property Attorney
An attorney job in Nashville, TN
Exciting in-house opportunity for an intellectual property attorney with 5+ years of experience
Exciting opportunity to move in-house with the small and agile legal department of a fast-growing, publicly traded company in the renewable energy industry – and still work from home much of the time. The successful attorney candidate should have 5+ years of intellectual property experience at a large corporate law firm or highly-respected IP or patent boutique firm. This is a great role for a junior law firm partner, senior partner-track associate or current in-house IP counsel who is seeking an in-house role with a company who offers remote working opportunities. The successful candidate will have patent, trademark and licensing experience and the desire and ability to handle day-to-day IP issues in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
Key Responsibilities for In-house Intellectual Property Counsel
- Serve as the primary in-house counsel to manage the company’s intellectual property portfolio including working with outside counsel to register and maintain trademarks and patents, providing advice and recommendations regarding IP issues relating to company’s M&A transactions, and updating company leadership on a quarterly basis regarding all IP matters.
- Serve as the primary in-house IP counsel supporting the company on all legal, strategic and corporate matters involving intellectual property, including commercial contract drafting and negotiation, data privacy, software licensing, employment, commercial disputes and litigation, bankruptcy, etc.
- Partner with and provide advice on a variety of legal matters to Chief Legal Officer, executive leadership, business teams and shared services.
Requirements for the In-house Intellectual Property Counsel
* 5+ years of IP law experience
* Outstanding academic credentials and graduation from an ABA-accredited law school
*Prior IP law practice experience with highly respected full-service corporate law firm or boutique IP firm
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
*Member in good standing with at least one U.S. state bar
* Outstanding references
Position Details of In-house Intellectual Property Counsel
* Type of role: Permanent
* Schedule: Full-time
* Location: Greater Nashville, TN
*Compensation & Benefits: Highly competitive and commensurate with experience
Latitude will not disclose your identity or propose you to prospective clients without your prior consent. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Only qualified applicants should apply.
Latitude offers life-changing engagements and permanent positions with companies and law firms to outstanding attorneys and paralegals.
Great attorneys and paralegals who are seeking permanent positions choose to work with Latitude because of our deep market knowledge, career advocacy and extensive client base. Our own practice experience and client relationships enable us to effectively tailor our candidate proposals to the specific practice strengths and interpersonal attributes that matter most to our clients and to match our candidates with the opportunities that will be most fulfilling to them.
While we are able to work only with a select few of the most outstanding candidates, our customized approach results in a high success rate for those candidates we choose to recommend.
For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
You will also be considered for any other potential matching positions