Director of Legal Recruiting and Placement (Attorneys & In-House Counsel)
An attorney job in Atlanta, GA
Build something meaningful. Leverage your legal experience without actually practicing law. This is an Atlanta-based role with work-from-home flexibility.
Latitude is seeking a Director of Legal Recruiting & Placement for the company’s Atlanta office. This is an exciting opportunity to leverage your knowledge of the legal industry and help in-house counsel, law firm lawyers, and paralegals find satisfying, engaging, often life-changing positions – without billing in six-minute increments. We are looking for a high performer with a positive, upbeat, can-do attitude, who communicates well (in person and in writing) and has a genuine curiosity for what makes others tick. If you are looking to make the switch over to the business side of legal services and want a job full of meaning and happy clients, then this could be your dream job.
- Source, recruit and screen experienced attorney and paralegal candidates for in-house counsel & law firm engagements and permanent positions with leading companies and corporate law firms in Atlanta and the surrounding area.
- Thoroughly interview promising candidates.
- Communicate with references to ascertain candidates’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Effectively present (both orally and in writing) proposed candidates to in-house counsel and law firm partner clients.
- Onboard and train new Latitude attorneys and paralegals.
- Manage existing relationships with Latitude’s attorneys and paralegals on engagement.
- Implement and cultivate company culture, values and policies.
- Coordinate events for prospective and existing Latitude attorneys and paralegals (e.g. CLEs, social events, etc.).
- Actively participate in the legal community, including membership in professional associations and regular attendance at professional social and networking events.
- Provide timely and top-notch service to internal and external clients.
- Provide management with requested reports and documents.
- Work as part of a cohesive, collaborative team, which is highly responsive to its candidates, Latitude Attorneys and Paralegals, its clients and other professionals.
- Minimum of three years of successful experience as a practicing attorney, preferably in a corporate law firm or in-house setting; or an equivalent number of years in legal recruiting.
- Ability to quickly build rapport with experienced lawyer candidates and clients.
- Effective use of social media, online recruiting tools and in-person networking to source new candidates and market open positions.
- Demonstrated active involvement in bar associations and professional legal organizations.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and ability to perform effectively without close supervision or micro-management.
- Service-minded approach and strong client-service skills, including the ability to communicate (both orally and in writing) at a high level with sophisticated law firm and corporate legal department attorneys.
- Highly dedicated, dependable, detail-oriented, capable of using document management and database management software programs, highly discreet, high integrity and a total team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Highly flexible and able to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Stellar references
- This is a fun, and also demanding, full-time professional position which offers a flexible schedule, but which involves some client/candidate breakfasts, coffees, lunches, and occasional attendance at professional events) and communicating with team members and clients as needed, including sometimes responding to emails during evenings and on weekends.
- This position involves occasional local meetings with clients and attorneys at Atlanta-area firms, companies and restaurants.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and performance and involves a base + commission structure; full benefits (e.g., group medical, dental, vision, long term disability, life, AD&D, 401k, CLE reimbursement, etc.).
Applications will be kept in strict confidence. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Only qualified applicants should apply.
Latitude provides law-firm level attorneys and paralegals to companies and law firms on short- and long-term engagements and for direct-hire, permanent positions. We serve a range of clients, including Fortune 500 companies and major law firms.
- For Companies
Latitude directly employs and provides law firm-level attorneys and paralegals on an engagement basis to extend in-house counsel capacity, while preserving law firm relationships. Companies call us when they are looking to cut legal costs, help an overwhelmed staff, add to their legal team during hiring freezes or complete special projects. We provide law firm-level attorneys and paralegals at 40-60% less than law firm market rates, allowing companies to cut legal costs while still preserving quality.
- For Law Firms
Latitude helps law firms increase service and profits. Latitude provides attorneys and paralegals who have the skill, experience and judgment of firm employees on an engagement (and permanent) basis. Firms can meet variable client demand without burning out their team members, disrupting promotion expectations or adding fixed costs with a permanent hire–all while preserving quality and profits.
- For Attorneys and other Legal Professionals
You’re an overachiever and worked hard your whole life. You are great at what you do and like the law, but want more out of life. Latitude offers well-paying, uniquely flexible positions for people just like you. Our legal market expertise and career advocacy help you continue to practice law–but in a more rewarding way. Latitude attorneys and paralegals come from top law firms and corporate legal departments across the country and have a range of experience and practice expertise. They choose to work for us because of our outstanding compensation, full benefits, flexibility and sophisticated work.
For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com.
You will also be considered for any other potential matching positions