Energy and Commodities Trading Attorney
An attorney job in Houston, TX
Latitude is seeking an experienced energy and commodities attorney for a full-time engagement with a large corporation. Prior experience advising energy companies or a deep understanding of the regulations governing the physical and financial trading markets is required. This position requires an outstanding attorney with sophisticated law firm or in-house counsel experience.
Requirements for the Energy and Commodities Trading Attorney:
- 10+ years of experience as an energy attorney
- Prior experience in contracting and commercial buying and selling of power, oil & gas contracts
- Excellent academic credentials and communication skills
- Licensed and in good standing in Texas
- Prior experience working in the corporate practice group of an AmLaw 100 firm preferred
- Experience with federal and state regulatory issues (excise taxation, sanctions, FERC) preferred
- Spanish-speaking preferred
Position Details of the Energy and Commodities Trading Attorney:
- Type of role: Engagement
- Schedule: Full time
- Term: Approximately 8 months
- Location: Houston Texas
- Compensation & Benefits: Highly competitive and commensurate with experience, full benefits
Latitude will not disclose your identity or propose you to prospective clients without your prior consent. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Only qualified applicants should apply.
Latitude offers life-changing engagements and permanent positions with companies and law firms to outstanding attorneys and paralegals.
Great attorneys and paralegals looking for contract engagements or consulting roles with Latitude due to our law firm-level compensation and benefits, sophisticated and engaging work, a chance to work with great clients and peers, and a refreshing blend of freedom with self-designed boundaries.
Our attorneys and paralegals have the level of skill, experience, and judgment as would be expected in a permanent corporate counsel or law firm attorney, and the versatility to step into challenging environments and hit the ground running. If you have the right skills, personality and experience, Latitude helps you do what you are good at in a more rewarding way.
Latitude attorneys and paralegals serve on a full- or part-time engagement basis, and work remotely or on-site at the client office.
While we are able to work only with a select few of the most outstanding candidates, our customized approach results in a high success rate for those candidates we choose to recommend.
For more information about Latitude, please visit us at https://latitudelegal.com.
You will also be considered for any other potential matching positions